Welcome to the Department of Periodontics!
Our department serves its communities through activities in teaching, patient care, research and professional service. We do this by providing:
- future dentists a foundation in the diagnosis and management of periodontal diseases
- specialty education in periodontal and implant therapy
- continuing education to advance the knowledge and skills of current dentists
- interdisciplinary patient care for patients with complex treatment needs
- new information to enhance our understanding of factors that affect individual susceptibility to periodontal diseases and to improve clinical treatment options
- professional service and leadership at the local, regional, national and international levels