- To teach the predoctoral student the basic principles, concepts and practices of prosthodontics required for diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- To train specialists in prosthodontics, who are skilled clinicians with a strong research background.
- Continued advancement of knowledge in prosthodontics through basic and clinical research, and incorporation of cutting edge technology into our patient treatment and curriculum.
- To provide high quality patient service through our faculty private practice, our postdoctoral student program and our predoctoral student program. (See our stories about veterans receiving free dentures: New Smiles for Five Veterans - 2016 and New Smiles for Five Veterans - 2017.)
- To provide continuing education and expertise in prosthodontics to the dentists of Iowa as well as the national and international community.