For optimal consideration, submit your entire application (AADSAS application, DAT scores, letters of evaluation, official transcripts) in early June. Preference is given to candidates who apply early.
File an AADSAS Application
- Submit an AADSAS Application
- AADSAS applications may be submitted beginning on June 1
- Submit Official Transcript from each undergrad school you attended to AADSAS.
- Submit Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation to AADSAS.
- Dental Admissions Test (DAT) is required for admissions. DAT scores are automatically sent to AADSAS. Do not email your unofficial DAT score to the University of Iowa.
- The University of Iowa College of Dentistry will offer institutional specific questions on the AADSAS application, which is a new feature starting Summer 2017.
Completed AADSAS applications must be submitted to the American Dental Education Association ( ADEA) by October 1.
University of Iowa College of Dentistry Admissions
- You will receive updates on your application status solely through email.
- Once the University of Iowa College of Dentistry receives your AADSAS application, you will receive an email from the Admissions office.
- Your application will reviewed by the Admissions Committee once all materials are recieved and approved by AADSAS (application, DAT scores, letters of evaluation, official transcripts)
- There is no separate supplemental application for the University of Iowa College of Dentistry, other than the institutional specific questions on the AADSAS application.
Applications that are incomplete (missing DAT scores or transcripts, less than 3 letters of evaluation) after October 15th will be cancelled.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will recieve an email from the College of Dentistry.
- Following your interview offer, we require a processing fee of $60 for US Residents, $100 for International applicants.
The Admissions Committee conducts an initial review of all materials submitted to determine whether a candidate will be invited to interview. Applicants invited to interview must schedule their interview within two weeks of receiving an interview invitation for any of the available dates provided to them. Interview dates are on a first come, first serve basis. An on-site interview is required of all applicants under serious consideration for admission. Interviews are conducted on specific dates scheduled throughout the fall of an application cycle (typically September – November).
Failure to Attend Your Interview Applicants who sign up for an interview date and do not show will have their application canceled immediately.
Guest Policy Guests are welcome to wait in the College of Dentistry lobby for the duration of the interview program.
Our Community in Iowa City, IA:
The earliest you may recieve an acceptance letter is December 1st. If you are offered admission, you will receive an email as well as a letter in the mail. The College of Dentistry requires a $500 deposit to reserve a seat in the upcoming class.