Endodontics: Application Instructions
Please keep in mind the July 1 deadline for all applications to the University of Iowa Endodontic Graduate Program.
Application must be through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) website. All items needed should be submitted with your PASS application, unless noted below. The necessary information to include for the Certificate Program and Combined Oral Science MS/Certificate Program is:
1. D.D.S., D.M.D. or non-U.S. equivalent prior to your start the following year.
2. PASS application. The application can be requested from the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) PASS Application Services Website: (https://portal.passweb.org/). PASS Application Services has two phone lines for applicant inquiries: (202) 667-1886 and (202) 667-1887, or you may write to: PASS, 1625 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington D.C. 20036-2212.
*The PASS website has an August 1st deadline, but the University of Iowa Endodontic Graduate Program is July 1st. Please be mindful of this discrepancy when you apply through PASS. Thank you.
3. Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended must be upload to your PASS application.
4. Official transcripts from all graduate institutions attended. To do this, when you enter your dental school attended on your application, you will have the option to print a transcript request form. You must send this print out to the dental school you attended for them to send the official transcript directly to PASS.
5. National Board Dental Examination – Part I prior to interview; Part II prior to admission. If your score(s) are part of your Institute Evaluation Form, IEF, then you do not need to have your NBDE emailed directly to us and we will considered them received.
*If your NBDE score(s) are not part of your IEF, then you must have them emailed to email@example.com. Please put the subject line "NBDE Score for Application into Grad Program".
6. Updated Curriculum Vitae.
7. Personal Statement.
8. Three letters of recommendation.
9. Photograph - a 2 x 2 head shot.
*This must be mailed or emailed directly to Dr. Williamson.
***International students from non-English-speaking countries must also submit an acceptable TOEFL score of 81 or higher. Any student who falls under 100, must complete English is the spoken language class. If accepted into the Endodontic Program, the resident may have to be here the day before the meeting for this. If not completed, they cannot register for classes.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.