Health and Wellness at the College of Dentistry
University Counseling Services at the College of Dentistry designs and presents programs, workshops, and training to students, faculty, and staff. These include a variety of mental health and wellness topics including: academic skills, conflict and stress management, students in distress, work/life balance, suicide prevention, diversity issues, mindfulness, anxiety, depression, perfectionism, body image, eating disorders, resilience, positive psychology, healthy sleep, healthy eating, sexual health, healthy relationships, effective communication, grief and loss and more.
Weekly Yoga Classes in the Dental Science Building for students, faculty, and staff.
End of Semester Events with therapy dogs and massage chairs!
- Individual Therapy: to help students address individual concerns and stress .
- Couples Therapy: to promote relationship growth and relieve emotional stress. Both partners must have an active U of I student ID.
- Consultation: to assist faculty, students, and staff to help other infidivudals seek counseling.
- Referral: to meet the needs of students, if better served by other professionals.
- Emergency Services: for students in crisis, experiencing suicidal thoughts or unmanageable feelings.
About Cari Anderson, embedded staff therapist
Cari Anderson, LISW, is a licensed clinical social worker who has been a staff therapist with University Counseling Service since 2015. Cari is strongly committed to student and college health and wellness at the College of Dentistry. Students and residents can expect to receive counseling services designed to meet their individual needs in a confidential, safe and inclusive space. Cari is also a trained consultant who also works with students and student groups to identify and work towards more effective personal, interpersonal, and organizational group functioning. For more on Cari’s clinical approach and personal commitment to diversity, please check out her staff bio at https://counseling.uiowa.edu/about/staff/cari-anderson-l-i-s-w/.