Research at the College of Dentistry
Research takes place throughout the University of Iowa, including the College of Dentistry. The Iowa Institute for Oral Health Research offers collaborative, joint-use research laboratories and core research space.
The College of Dentistry's research goals include advancing research and scholarship in oral, craniofacial, and general health. Faculty researchers pursue research through funding from federal or state sources, industrial/corporate partnerships, and private foundations. Using core research facilities, dental researchers pursue basic, clinical, and translational research collaborations.
Current research includes:
- Biostatistics & Research Design
- Bioengineering, Tissue Engineering, Stem Cells, Biomaterials & Materials Research
- Craniofacial, Oral Biology, Genetics & Dental Development
- Public Health, Epidemiology and Behaviorial Sciences
- Immunology, Inflammation, Microbiology, Caries & Microbiome Research