Expanded Functions Level 2
This course qualifies the enrollee for 140 credit hours and the cost is $7495.
To register: https://www.dentistry.uiowa.edu/CERegistration/
Dates of the course are: November 10-11; December 1-2; December 15-16; January 5-6; and January 19-20. January 26-27 will be used as a makeup weekend if needed.
- Expanded Function Clinical FAQs
- EFDA Mod I Draft Schedule
- EFDA Mod II Draft Schedule
- EFDA Mod III Draft Schedule
Our Fall 2017 Expanded Functions Level 2 course is now open for registration. Following is some important information that may help you decide if Expanded Functions Level 2 is right for your office:
- Registration is now open and is available online at https://www.dentistry.uiowa.edu/CERegistration/
- The course will be limited to the first 30 registrants.
- You will be required to provide documentation that you have completed ALL Level 1 procedures – documents/verification will be required prior to the start of the course.
- Participants also must have a sponsoring dentist to complete the clinical portion of the course, and your sponsoring dentist will be required to attend an Orientation Session during the first module/weekend.
- All modules in Level II (5) must be completed to become Level 2 Certified. This includes pediatric dentistry and prosthodontic modules. The course is 140 credit hours over 5 weekends.
- The registration fee is $7495 which includes: all materials and supplies, parking, light breakfast, lunches, breaks and handouts.
- Listed above under Documentation are DRAFT schedules of the curriculum (dates included) that will be used for the five modules – remember these are drafts, and we will be re-working them up until the course begins.
- Once your registration has been accepted, you will receive further instructions for the Level 2 course.
- There will be some courses provided online prior to your arrival to the UI College of Dentistry and you will be required to pass a pre-test prior to the first weekend.
- We understand that this is a very tight timeframe to complete the course – however, we feel this is important in order to maintain continuity of the course completion. We will have one weekend for makeup if necessary on January 26-27.
- Above, under Documentation, is an FAQ sheet from the Iowa Dental Board for your review – this will help answer some of your questions.