Short Implant Study
This study aimed to determine the effect of obesity in type II diabetics on bone forming cells in healthy non-obese and obese type II diabetic individuals.
Subjects had two ‘short-implants’ surgically placed and systemically removed and replaced with functional implants over the course of a week.
You may be eligible for this study if you:
- Are missing at least 2 teeth and are interested in dental implants
- Do not have a history of radiation therapy to the head or neck
- Do not currently take steroids, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, bisphosophonates, hormone replacement therapies, statins, or benicar
- Do not have a bleeding disorder
- Are not pregnant or wish to be
- Do not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Are not a current smoker
Subjects who qualify and complete the study will be eligible for compensation for their time.