A study on soft tissue grafting around implants.
The purpose of this research study is to determine whether you will have a better outcome with a gum graft harvested from the roof of your mouth or a human tissue graft and how you perceive both discomfort and the esthetics of the graft during the healing period.
If you are currently in need of an implant that requires a gum graft for esthetic or functional reasons you may be eligible. You will receive a dental implant and the corresponding prosthetic parts at reduced cost. The following criteria must be met:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have stable natural teeth directly adjacent and opposing the site of interest
- Be a non-smoker with no current alcohol or drug abuse
- Must not have any severe infectious diseases
- Must not have been diagnosed with hemophilia or leukemia
- Must not have uncontrolled diabetes or have been treated for cancer within the last 18 months
- Not currently pregnant or wish to become pregnant in the next year
If you are interested in learning more about the study and feel that you meet these requirements, please call Karen Kluesner at (319) 335-7377, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closed to recruitment