Research Honors Program
All students engaged in mentored research are invited to participate in the Dental Student Research Honors Program. Such students may receive academic credit by registering for 1 semester hour (s.h) during each of the Fall and Spring terms and for 2 semester hours (s.h.) during the Summer term. Below is the official course title and description.
Forms & Schedule
DENT:8500:0800 (112:190:800) Dental Student Research Honors Program
- The Research Honors Program enables the college to award visible and documented recognition of the extra efforts involved in the planning, conduct, and reporting of research. This adds a measure of performance accountability; for example, excellent performance is rewarded whereas poor performance or non-performance will be negative and visible.
- An estimate of the time required to accomplish the objectives listed on the registration form is intended for students and mentors to carefully plan the semester’s activities.
- In addition to research progress, each student will be expected to participate in the Iowa Section of the AADR held in February. Other research-related activities may also be required by the director or mentor.
- Prerequisite: consent of Mentor and Program Director.
- Each student’s letter grade will be assigned by the Program Director in consultation with the student and mentor