Research Honors Program
Austin Foster (as a D2) describes his research project at Iowa AADR Local Research Day on February 11, 2014
All students engaged in mentored research are invited to participate in the Dental Student Research Honors Program. Such students may receive academic credit by registering for 1 semester hour (s.h) during each of the Fall and Spring terms and for 2 semester hours (s.h.) during the Summer term. Below is the official course title and description.
Forms & Schedule
112:190 Dental Student Research Honors Program
- The Research Honors Program enables the college to award visible and documented recognition of the extra efforts involved in the planning, conduct, and reporting of research. This adds a measure of performance accountability; for example, excellent performance is rewarded whereas poor performance or non-performance will be negative and visible.
- An estimate of the time required to accomplish the objectives listed on the registration form is intended for students and mentors to carefully plan the semester’s activities.
- In addition to research progress, each student will be expected to participate in the Iowa Section of the AADR held in February. Other research-related activities may also be required by the director or mentor.
- Prerequisite: consent of Mentor and Program Director.
- Each student’s letter grade will be assigned by the Program Director in consultation with the student and mentor