Scott Steward Tharp working in the lab
AADR Student Research Fellowships - Deadline: January 20, 2014
You are invited to submit research proposals for the 2014 AADR Student Research Fellowships. These Fellowships, supported by several major industrial companies, as well as by AADR and IADR Group Chapters, Sections, and members, are sponsored and administered by the AADR and have been created to encourage dental students living in the United States to consider careers in oral health research. Proposals are sought in basic and clinical research related to oral health.
- Applicants must be a D1, D2, or D3 student during the 2013-2014 school year.
- A maximum of 5 applications per institution will be accepted for review.
- A maximum of 1 student applicant per faculty advisor will be allowed.
- 20 Fellowships have been funded annually nationwide from AADR in previous years.
- UI dental student recipients will be awarded: $2,100 stipend from AADR + $2,900 supplement from UI Dental Student Research Program = $5,000 stipend
- Must be an AADR member
- Please visit the AADR Student Research Fellowship Web page below for all the specific details, like format and instructions, on what the proposal should include.
- Submit a proposal for this Fellowship directly to AADR on that link by January 20, 2014.
- Winners will be announced at the AADR Meeting in Charlotte, NC, on March 19-22, 2014.
- Upon completion of the research (must be completed within two years), acceptance of an abstract, and presentation at the annual meeting, each recipient will then be awarded $600 from AADR towards transportation and accommodation expenses to the 2015 or 2016 AADR meeting. Recipients are required to present their research at the meeting by submitting abstracts for poster or oral presentations. UI Dental Student Research Program will also supplement the travel allowance.