Predoctoral program in Prosthodontics
The predoctoral program provides students with the basic principles, practices, and concepts of prosthodontics required for the practice of general dentistry, through laboratory projects and treatment of patients with differing prosthodontics needs.
- PROS:8122 Occlusion & Complete Dentures Lecture
- Basic principles and clinical applicatin of occlusion; basic principles, clinical steps, and laboratory procedures necessary for fabrication of complete dentures.
- PROS:8123 Occlusion & Complete Dentures Lab I
- Laboratory exercises illustrating the principles of occlusion; projects simulating the clinical and laboratory steps in complete denture fabrication.
- PROS:8240 Fixed Prosthodontic Lecture I
- Basic biomechanical principles of fixed prosthodontics; metal, single-unit, multiple-unit fixed prostheses; diagnosis and treatment planning for the partially edentulous patient, including occlusion and esthetic concerns.
- PROS:8241 Fixed Prosthodontic Patient Simulation I
- Laboratory exercises in fabrication of single-unit metal, provisional restorations; preparations for fabrication of a three-unit fixed partial denture.
- PROS:8242 Fixed Prosthodontic Lecture II
- Basic biomechanical principles of fixed prosthodontics; multiple-unit fixed prostheses, porcelain-fused-to-metal fixed prostheses; student diagnosis and treatment planning for the partially edentulous patient, including occlusion and esthetic concerns.
- PROS:8243 Fixed Prosthodontic Patient Simulation II
- Laboratory exercises in the fabrication of single unit metal and porcelain-fused-to- metal crown; provisional restorations for posterior and anterior teeth.
- 084:146 Introduction to Implant Dentistry
- Fundamental principles of osseointegration, diagnosis and treatment planning, surgical and prosthodontic protocols, laboratory communications introduced through patient simulation.
- PROS:8360 Prosthodontic Clinic
- Experience supplemented by individual supervision, demonstration.
- PROS:8365 Prosthodontic Seminar
- Knowledge in biological, basic sciences and technique applied to clinical fixed and removable prosthodontics procedures.