Geriatric & Special Needs Dentistry (Certificate)
The Certificate in Geriatric & Special Needs Dentistry is awarded by the College of Dentistry.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are. Contact email@example.com for the estimated costs of attendance relating to the Geriatrics & Special Needs Dentistry program.
- Fall semester - not offered
- Spring semester - not offered
- Summer session - July 1st
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
When completing the application for admission, indicate Preventive & Community Dentistry as the department and Geriatrics & Special Needs Dentistry as the sub-area/specialization.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- A copy of your Supplemental Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- A curriculum vitae
- Your National Board scores
- Personal statement
- Official copy of Dental Diploma
- Official copy of Dental License
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
If you Apply Online, the $60 application fee ($100 for international students) is payable by Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. If you cannot pay by credit card, you may Download and Print an Application (PDF) and pay the fee by check or money order in U.S. currency made payable to "The University of Iowa."
Department of Preventive & Community Dentistry
The University of Iowa
Dental Science Building
Iowa City, IA 52242
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396