Geriatric & Special Needs Dentistry (Certificate)
The Certificate in Geriatric & Special Needs Dentistry is awarded by the College of Dentistry.
Applicants must meet the Admission Requirements of the Graduate College and the department offering the degree program (review the department's web site or the General Catalog for departmental requirements).
Estimated Cost of Attendance
Tuition and fees vary by degree program and the type of student you are. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the estimated costs of attendance relating to the Geriatrics & Special Needs Dentistry program. Sample cost estimate for the program: Geriatric Special Needs Dentistry Certificate 2016-17
- Fall semester - not offered
- Spring semester - not offered
- Summer session - July 1st
To apply to this degree program, you will need to submit some application materials to your academic department and some to the Office of Admissions.
When completing the nondegree application for admission, indicate Geriatrics & Special Needs Certificate as the Purpose for Attending.
Materials to send to the department:
- Your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- A copy of your Supplemental Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF)
- A curriculum vitae
- Your National Board scores
- Personal statement
- Official copy of Dental Diploma
- Official copy of Dental License
Materials to send to Admissions:
- A second set of your official academic records/transcripts (current and former UI students do not need to provide UI transcripts)
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the university's English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
Apply Online, from the application sign-in page, go to the section under Graduate/Professional Applications and choose the Nondegree application. Indicate Geriatrics & Special Needs Certificate as the Purpose for Attending.
Department of Preventive & Community Dentistry
The University of Iowa
Dental Science Building
Iowa City, IA 52242
Office of Admissions
The University of Iowa
107 Calvin Hall
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396