Our mission is to educate dentists for Iowa and beyond through excellence in patient care, education and research.
- Provide the highest quality education to prepare our dental graduates to deliver general dental care in a changing environment in Iowa and beyond.
- Maintain a nationally recognized advanced education program in periodontics.
- Advance research and scholarship in oral, craniofacial and general health.
- Provide the highest quality of patient care in predoctoral, postdoctoral and faculty clinics.
- Recruit, retain and nurture a vital, diverse and collegial faculty.
- Provide a productive and supportive work and learning environment.
- Serve as a resource to the University, the profession and the state.