The College of Dentistry is committed to providing high quality, accessible emergency care for patients of record, as well as for patients new to our clinics.
Emergency care during clinic hours
-- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Adult patients who are new to the College of Dentistry, or returning after an interruption in treatment, receive limited emergency treatment during clinic hours, with priority given for relief of pain or swelling. We appreciate your understanding that you may experience a longer waiting time due to the unpredictability of emergencies.
- Call 319-335-7499 to make an emergency appointment.
- A $33.00 non-refundable fee will be charged for an emergency exam.
- There will be additional charges for necessary radiographs and for any dental treatment provided.
- Faculty practice patients should call the clinic directly for an appointment.
- Call 319-335-7485 to make an emergency appointment.
- Charges will apply for dental treatment and necessary radiographs.
After Hours Emergency Care
- After hours emergency care is available through University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC).
- Call UIHC at 319-356-1616 and ask for the General Practice Resident on call.
- There will be charges for emergency room services in addition to any charges for required dental treatment.
- After hour emergency care is available in the Pediatric Dentistry Clinic at the Center for Disabilities and Development.
- Call University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics at 319-356-1616 and ask for the Pediatric Dentistry Resident on call.
- If treatment is provided in the emergency room at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, there will be charges for emergency room services in addition to any charges for required dental treatment.