Liners Sealers and Caries detection
(Last updated: August 11, 2014)
Calcium Hydroxide: Life (Kerr)
clinic approved, available at OPER
|Vitrebond Plus (3M ESPE) - stocked|
|Indications: direct pulp capping from mechanical exposure when root canal treatment is declined by patient. After obtaining clean non-bleeding wound place Life over exposed pulp which is protected with Vitrebond Plus before restoration placement||
Description: Resin-modified glass ionomer used for dentin lining of deep preparations, i.e. 1 mm from pulp
Instructions for use:
Resin-Modified Calcium Silicate: Theracal LC (Bisco)
clinic-approved, available at OPER
- Indications: (1) direct pulp capping from mechanical exposure when root canal treatment is declined by patient (2) partial caries removal, eg. indirect pulp cap
- Directions for use: http://www.bisco.com/instructions/English_IN-192R1.pdf
Super Seal (Phoenix) - stocked
- Description: Oxalic acid and potassium salt in water; dentin desensitizer via dentin tubule occlusion by calcium oxalate precipitate. Primarily used for desensitization and tubule occlusion before amalgam placement.
- Instructions for use: Apply generously with a microbrush with active application for 10s then leave undisturbed for additional 20s, initially air dry gently, and then finish with moderate air pressure. Repeat.
Cari-D-Tect (Gresco) clinic approved - available in OPER
- Description: Dark blue F, D & C dyes in propylene glycol as an aid in caries and crack detection.
- Instructions for use: Generously apply for 10-15s, rinse thoroughly and gently dry. Tactilely confirm the presence of caries before removal of dye-stained dentin. Dyes are visual identification aids only and are not diagnostic for remaining caries.