Research at the College of Dentistry
Research takes place throughout the University of Iowa, including the College of Dentistry. The University of Iowa Dental Research Center offers collaborative, joint-use research laboratories and core research space.
The College of Dentistry's research goals include advancing research and scholarship in oral, craniofacial, and general health. Faculty researchers pursue research through funding from federal or state sources, industrial/corporate partnerships, and private foundations. Using core research facilities, dental researchers pursue basic, clinical, and translational research collaborations.
Current research includes:
- Biostatistics Unit
- Biomaterials, Bone and Tissue Engineering
- College of Dentistry - Craniofacial Anomalies Research
- College of Medicine - Craniofacial Anomalies Research Center
- Epidemiology and Behavioral Research
- Health Policy and Outcomes
- Mucosa, Immunology and Oral Cancer
- Public Policy Center - Oral Health Policy Research
- Clinical Research Program
- Clinical and Translational Science