A two-arm, parallel group, randomized controlled clinical trial on adult human subjects receiving divergent or concave Atlantis™ abutments to assess peri-implant mucosa changes from prosthesis delivery to 1 year.
- (Primary) Compare the influence of experimental concavities in the subgingival transition zone of Atlantis™ abutments on peri-implant mucosal dynamics from final restoration delivery to one year, as compared to current Atlantis™ abutments with linear divergent transition profiles.
- (Secondary) Quantify the horizontal soft tissue thickness changes around concave and divergent abutment transition profiles from final restoration delivery to one year.
- (Secondary) Evaluate changes in peri-implant health indicators, such as Gingival Index (GI), Probing Pocket Depth (PPD), and Bleeding on Probing (BOP).
If you are currently missing a single tooth located on your upper jaw you may be eligible to participate in a study comparing two dental prosthetic parts. You will receive a dental implant and the corresponding prosthetic parts at reduced cost if you are eligible. You must meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have good oral health
- Require a replacement tooth in the upper jaw from first premolar to first premolar on either side (the first premolar is one tooth behind your canine, also known as the eye tooth)
- Have stable natural teeth directly adjacent and opposing the site of interest
- Be a non-smoker with no current alcohol or drug abuse
- Not have uncontrolled diabetes or any other significant chronic condition
- Not currently taking corticosteroids or bisphosphonates
- Not currently pregnant or wish to become pregnant in the next year
If you are interested in learning more about the study and feel that you meet these requirements, please contact Rick at 319.335.6763 or via email at Richardemail@example.com.